Robot Test Technician
Our Mission at Scythe
Robot Test Technician at Scythe
We're looking for a highly skilled Test Technician to help bring the future of autonomous outdoor equipment to life. This Scyther will have a wide variety of responsibilities ranging from running daily tests on our autonomous machines to doing machine assembly and repairs. We're looking for a detailed-oriented Technician to be very hands-on: building machines, running tests, and getting into the field to work directly with the bot.
Our Robot Test Technician will work alongside teammates from across Scythe to execute tests for many different aspects of mowing and autonomy. A successful Technician will always be ready to get their hands dirty, to thrive in a fast-paced, self-managed environment where they have broad leeway to decide how to best help the team, and to be a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Perform daily indoor and outdoor robot testing to quickly learn about the quality and performance of our machine as it relates to the software of the machine.
- Work with engineers to develop high quality test plans
- Execute manual tests, communicate results, and collaborate within cross-functional teams to identify root cause and resolution of issues
- Identify the configuration field robots are in and recreate those configurations by deploying software and embedded software onto local machines.
What you know well
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to run disciplined tests daily
- Ability to work in outdoor environments safely and effectively
- Safe use of various power tools, including but not limited to power drills, weed whacker, and lawnmowers
- Great problem-solving skills to help engineers understand test problems
- Strong verbal communication skills. Must have experience communicating in person with interdisciplinary team members on a daily basis (engineers, peers, etc). Examples of this are standup meetings, team huddles, quality reviews, etc.
- Interest in technology, robots or automation.
- Experience with Linux and the command line.
What you’ve maybe done
- Performed Robot testing or QA testing in a previous role
- Previous work as a landscaper: mowing, agronomy, weed management experience would all be helpful
- Assembly line work using work instructions and/or engineering drawings.
- Worked on a small team in a highly technical environment with tight deadlines
- Experienced with creative problem solving and articulating technical challenges and solutions
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off - 120 hours per year on accrual basis
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Robot Test Technician position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $60,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.