Head of Experience Design, Ring, Ring
As the Head of Experience Design, your job is to get out ahead of the business by developing our forward looking design strategy. With a focus on 12-18 months out, you will lead a team who is looking to improve the end to end customer experience for Ring, Key and Blink customers. You will also assess our current physical and digital experiences, and identify ways to improve them, by working end to end with our pre-purchase and post-purchase design teams.
Key job responsibilities
1. Manages a team of designers, researchers and content writers.
2. Leads design assessments of upcoming programs, identifying potential UX opportunities and challenges, and then presenting them back to stakeholders.
3. Identifies and presents solutions for design problems across our customer lifecycle.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA | Bellevue, WA, USA | Hawthorne, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 10+ years of design experience
- 5+ years of leading multi-discipline Design teams (ie. visual design, interaction design, user research, etc.) experience
- Experience managing teams
- Experience leading a diverse team in the delivery of experiences from end to end (user flows, wireframes, high-fidelity visuals)
- Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of design
- Experience embedding design within product teams for agile design and development collaboration
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $144,300/year in our lowest geographic market up to $268,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.