Software Development Engineer, VSG, Ring
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join and help grow the Ring VSG (Virtual Security Guard) team. Ring's mission is to make neighbourhoods safer. VSG takes this to the next level by offering customers proactive protection, real-time prevention, and notification.
Ring VSG team is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE) who will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support their own team members as well as a strong sense of customer obsession for our wide variety of customers. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security.
SDEs at Ring contribute to all the steps of the software development lifecycle. They gather, discuss and suggest requirements and features, they design and implement software, automate testing and operate the services their team owns.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Toronto, ON, CAN
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.