Sr Quality Assurance Engineer, Ring HW/SW
We are looking to hire a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in Ring India within the HW/SW development organization, responsible for the quality of Ring core products including doorbell camera, security camera, and other new products. We are looking for a passionate, experience QA Engineer to join our team and help us reimagine how to drive quality, testing, and efficiency through our product lifecycle. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to significantly improve product quality, and a deep curiosity to dive into new technologies. The test plans and automated tests you build should expose defects from component and feature integration level to end-to-end customer interactions. We want a QA engineer excited to work across software, hardware, cloud, algorithms, and computer vision, helping us to deliver exciting new lovable products to market.
As a QAE, you will innovate our QA processes and develop repeatable and automatable QA systems. You will work with Product Managers, QAEs, SDETs, and SDEs on our internal technology teams to understand features and technical implementation. You will identify use cases, create test plans, define test strategies, and create manual and automated test cases in order to report to stakeholders on the quality and reliability of our products. You will evangelize quality best practices. You will own creating and driving the test strategy and enforcing design for testability.
Key job responsibilities
You will join the team of hands-on, proactive, self-motivated and seasoned software quality assurance professionals. In this role, you will:
* Create test strategies, test plans and test cases
* Review user interfaces for conformity and functionality
* Efficiently execute test cases across all functional areas of our products
* Review product user interface for conformity to design guidelines
* Find, isolate, document, regress and track bugs through resolution
* Interpret and report testing results and be a vocal proponent for quality in every phase of the development process
* Work with software development engineers to understand the overall technical architecture and how each feature is implemented
* Engage in code reviews to ensure testability and unit test designs
* Develop automated tests, scripts, and tools to enable CI/CD
* Collaborate across teams to enhance total product quality
Our ideal candidate:
* Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
* Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
* Passionate for QA and test automation
* Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
* Never shies away from a challenge
What will you do:
As part of our world-class Quality organization, you’ll work closely with product and engineering teams to create test strategies and drive initiatives that ultimately ensure our customers get what they want, when they want. You’ll understand the big picture of how our features and products interact as you navigate through complex designs and code. You will work with development engineers to ensure soundness of design, testability of their code, and determine the best testing and automation approaches. You will contribute to automation frameworks and automate test cases both at the API and UI levels, using Java and other languages. You’ll be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
* Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
* Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, discovering current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
* Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team.
* Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
* Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
About the team
Ring, since its founding in 2013, has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone — while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Chennai, TN, IND
- 6+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience scripting or coding
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with the ownership of software project testing: defining test strategy, writing test plans, designing and executing software tests, iterative development process improvement
- Demonstrated experience leading the creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build and release processes, continuous deployment, and test suite development and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience utilizing high-quality automation to solve test problems
- Experience with embedded systems or consumer devices
- Experience programmatically testing products, measuring test coverage, developing the best automation, driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Isolating test failures in complex software systems
- Self-driven and able to work with a high level of ambiguity in a prototyping development phase
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, and drive
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices