Software Development Engineer, Marketing Technology
Ring's mission is to make neighbourhoods safer. We strive to make safety and peace of mind accessible to everyone and empower communities to work together for one another.
Ring Marketing Technology team is looking for a driven, innovative and resilient Software Development Engineer (SDE) to join our team focusing on notification and messaging systems. Our scalable systems ensure critical messages are delivered to customers timely and accurately. We are looking for an SDE to help refine our roadmap and technical direction, and follow through with detailed architecture, design, tests, and reusable code. The SDEs in the Ring org drive the operational excellence of high-scale distributed systems.
SDEs at Ring contribute to all the steps of the software development lifecycle. They gather, discuss and suggest requirements and features, they design and implement software, automate testing and operate the services their team owns.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Toronto, ON, CAN
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- 3+ years of building complex software systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.