Systems Quality Assurance Manager III, Ring
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, Systems Quality Assurance Manager. The person chosen for this role will have the opportunity to manage and develop the careers for a talented group of QA engineers who qualify firmware for Ring Smart Lighting and Ring Alarm products.
You will be collaborating with teammates, stakeholders and colleagues globally while you work on delivering the firmware for cutting edge products that are in the market today. You will be responsible for leading your team to uphold and ensure the highest level of quality throughout the entire evolution of our products and deliverables.
Key job responsibilities
- Leading a team focused on qualifying and delivering high quality firmware for existing and new Ring Smart Lighting and Alarm products
- Mentoring, career development, hiring, and retaining excellent Quality Assurance Engineers
- Designing, leading and delegating test efforts of varying scale and complexity, to qualify new features and functionality for product readiness while also evaluating existing products for regression
- Work across teams to manage dependencies and align on engineering work and timelines to prepare firmware for release to the field and for device manufacturing
- Understand component test strategies for product architecture and where necessary, make quality trade-off decisions at the feature level
- Take ownership of problems (even when outside your own domain), propose solutions, and either drive their resolution or ensure a clear hand-off to the right owner
- Collaborating with SDMs, TPMs, Developers, and other internal teams to proactively solve day-to-day challenges and exercise sound judgment
- Removing barriers to execution for the team
- Defining and executing on process improvements to allow the team to improve over time.
- Contributing to, and driving best practices and engineering excellence
A day in the life
As the Quality Assurance Manager, you will be working in a fun and fast paced environment, with a team of very talented professionals. You will be responsible for career development, mentoring, and coaching of all QA engineering team members as they work to qualify features for new products while maintaining the high-quality bar for existing products. You will also work with your direct reports to remove roadblocks, and drive the team to utilize best practices and agile processes. You will work closely with your Technical Product Manager to prioritize and schedule engineering and evaluation work contributing to product readiness for the Ring Smart Lighting and Alarm product lines.
About the team
The team is distributed across the globe with product and development leadership based in the US. We are growing a team in the UK to focus on the development of our core Ring devices on our latest HW platforms. We integrate the devices into many products across Amazon’s family of products and technologies, like echo and Alexa enabled devices. The team is committed to developing security based devices and accessory products for our neighbors to integrate into their home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience in Quality Assurance team management
- Hands-on experience with test case and test plan development
- Experience qualifying embedded Linux or IOT devices.
- Years of focus on quality assurance, testing frameworks, and technologies
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including full product evolution into manufacturing
- Experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product or program management and development teams
- Experience designing or architecting, and executing test systems, using all test methodologies
- Experience transforming QA programs from manual to automation
- BS in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience in communicating with stakeholders, other technical teams, and senior leadership to collect requirements, describe product features, communicate issues and test strategies.
- Experience in recruiting, hiring, mentoring/coaching and managing teams of Quality Assurance Engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective at determining product readiness.
- Experience with Tools / frameworks – Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, TestRail.
- Experience managing and maintaining a device test lab
- Experience working with alarm systems and life safety devices
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies, tools and test process
- Familiar with home security and home automation products
- Regulatory standards - UL, CP-O1, Alexa, iOS, Android, Z-wave, ZigBee, FCC, PTCRB
- Experience delivering products against plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, distributed-responsibility and often ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills with an ability to motivate teams and deliver results
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).