Sr Program Manager, CS PMO, Ring
Ring’s Community Support Program Management team is seeking a Sr Program Manager to lead strategic programs in the Program Management Office (PMO). This role is in support of program strategy for multiple initiatives aimed at increasing the effectiveness of change management, communication, scaling mechanisms, products, and improving functional tools. This is an opportunity to help shape the business direction and operating model of a rapidly growing organization with a growing global impact. The program manager must have a talent and passion for building new engagement mechanisms within the company along with a relentless desire to continuously improve Ring’s operating models while optimizing communication and collaboration amongst stakeholder groups.
The Program Manager will own implementing and governing a common set of processes and supporting tools for managing the intake requests, workload, and prioritization for the Customer Support PMO team to ensure optimal output is achieved. It will be essential to understand business goals and objectives, define and organize program level deliverables. A naturally inquisitive mindset, strong bias for action, strategic planning skills, quantitative analysis, and the ability to organize and deliver new initiatives across cross-functional teams is essential.
The person in this role owns the completeness, validity, and accuracy of the team’s data. The PMO team is always in a position to share information on program and project levels to support leadership decision-making. In addition to this, the role will provide support and coaching with project management process and systems used as well as the overall change methodology. Candidates will need a solid experience and working knowledge of call center operations to be successful in this role.
Applicants for this role should be in the Pacific Time Zone (PST) in order to support global teams.
Key job responsibilities
- Owning the planning, organizing, managing, and execution of complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders
- Innovating for step-change improvement in best practice sharing, project collaboration, problem solving and decision making
- Comfortable managing various program and product lifecycles
- Partnering with communications, operations, operational excellence (OPEX), legal, security and other key operational experts across the company to help lead, support, and influence new business initiatives
- Helping to drive global standardization of program delivery practices, business processes, and reporting
- Customer Support Center background is needed to drive the right deliverable for this role
A day in the life
- Deep-diving current products and processes to identify opportunity for improvement
- Developing set standards for communication and change management
- Managing projects tied to a program and update stakeholders regularly
- Removing and communicating blockers to project completion
- Exercising the ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Partnership with Amazon and Ring counterparts to learn best practices and expand professional and technical knowledge
- Reviewing and challenging data to make data driven decision with sound business judgment
- Building one-pagers and writing informative docs to drive decisions and projects forward
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - USA
- 5+ years of program or project management experience
- Experience using data and metrics to determine and drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- 2+ Years Call Center Background
- 2+ years of driving process improvements experience
- Master's degree, or MBA in business, operations, human resources, adult education, organizational development, instructional design or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $92,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $185,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.