Embedded Software Engineer, Device Factory
Do you have a passion for building great products? Are you excited about making a big impact in a large company with a global impact and a startup culture?
Ring’s mission is to make neighborhoods safer with effective, affordable home security solutions that are accessible to everyone. As an Embedded Software Engineer, you will be working with a team developing IoT products for customers. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced start-up environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
At Ring, every engineer has the opportunity to positively impact our customers.
The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems
- Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
- Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
- Never shies away from a challenge
- Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.