Data Engineer II, Ring Data Warehouse
Ring is seeking a Data Engineer with strong analytical, communication, and project management skills to join our team. This role will work closely with software development engineers, scientist and business stakeholders across various verticals. You will design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions that help us provide a great customer experience. You will work with a complicated data environment, employ the right architecture to handle data, and support various analytics use cases including business reporting, production data pipeline, machine learning, optimization models, statistical models, and simulations.
Key job responsibilities
This role will be responsible for building and maintaining efficient, scalable, and privacy/security complaint data pipelines to support our business stakeholders. These pipelines will be built using both tools available in Native AWS as well as Amazon internal tools and technologies.
This role will need to be able to work closely with stakeholders to understand their needs and work alongside them to ensure data being ingested meets the business user's needs and will well modeled and organized to promote scalable usage and good data hygiene.
This role is expected to be able to learn and adapt quickly new technologies and business needs, building and improving frameworks and processes, incorporating new patterns and technologies where appropriate.
A day in the life
This Role will:
- Collect and Discuss requirements from Business Stakeholders across verticals such as Subscriptions, Sales, Reverse Logistics, Finance, Product, etc.
- Build new data ingestions using a combination of Native AWS services and/or internal Amazon tools.
- Maintaining/Improving existing data ingestions and ensuring they meet evolving standards and corporate mandates.
- Building/Improving/Maintaining frameworks or tools for internal team and external stakeholder usage to manage data.
- Performing Code Reviews and ensuring best practices are followed for ETL and Data Hygiene by team members and supporting teams.
About the team
Ring Data Warehouse team manages the centralized data repository for Ring. We bring in and publish data from numerous internal and external sources, which are used by various stakeholders such as Ring Product engineering, Finance, Supply Chain, Marketing, Customer Support, and Sales information.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA
- 3+ years of data engineering experience
- Experience with data modeling, warehousing and building ETL pipelines
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with AWS technologies like Redshift, S3, AWS Glue, EMR, Kinesis, FireHose, Lambda, and IAM roles and permissions
- Experience in at least one modern scripting or programming language, such as Python, Java, Scala, or NodeJS
- Experience with non-relational databases / data stores (object storage, document or key-value stores, graph databases, column-family databases)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $105,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $205,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.