Software Development Engineer, Ring
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer to join and help grow the Ring Authentication Services team. The Ring Authentication Services team is critical in providing a secure and reliable set of services for Ring Neighbors, Ring Devices, and others to connect to Ring Cloud. This position is open for Southern California in the greater Los Angeles county and Orange county areas.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support their own team members as well as a strong sense of customer obsession for our wide variety of customers. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security. You will own the maintenance, design, development, and delivery of Ring's authentication services for our Neighbors and others.
Key job responsibilities
- Design, create, and update core functionality of Ring Authentication services.
- Drive the technical direction and architecture of large, complex software system
- Identify opportunities to improve the stability, performance, and security of Ring Authentication services
- Work closely with a diverse group of stakeholders including Product Managers, Data Engineers, Operations, internal technical teams and leadership to define business opportunities and then drive end-to-end solutions and product roadmap.
- Coach, and mentor individuals; build a strong cross-functional organization.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout product life cycles, influence software engineers best practices for your team and own operational excellence of large scale production services
About the team
Since it's founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring's smart home security line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working to bring communities together.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.