Quality Assurance Engineer, Ring Imaging
Join the dynamic team at Amazon Ring, where passionate professionals are at the forefront of developing innovative Ring camera products. With over 50 device models sold globally, Ring is a leader in the smart home security space, offering an extensive range of products including video doorbells, indoor and outdoor cameras, security cameras, alarms, sensors, and dashboard cameras.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer at Amazon Ring, you will be an integral part of the Ring device engineering team, contributing to the product creation process. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure that image quality meets stringent product requirements. This role goes beyond conventional black box testing – you will delve into the intricacies of software internals, troubleshoot issues using log files, and develop automated tests using scripting tools.
In this dynamic position, you'll have the unique opportunity to work with various types of cameras and be immersed in automated camera laboratories. These labs, equipped with both subjective and objective testing setups, are specifically tailored for the rigorous testing of security cameras. As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will not only evaluate the performance of devices but actively contribute to the improvement of our products through meticulous testing and measurement methodologies.
As an added bonus, you will have the chance to work at our state-of-the-art outdoor test facility known as "Ranch." Here, you'll be involved in testing cameras in real-world environments, providing valuable insights into product performance under diverse conditions. This hands-on experience in a real-world setting adds an extra layer of complexity and authenticity to the quality assurance process.
Key job responsibilities
- Collaborate closely with the Ring device engineering team throughout the product creation lifecycle.
- Ensure that image quality aligns with stringent product requirements.
- Conduct thorough testing of Ring products, including video doorbells, surveillance cameras, alarms, sensors, and dashboard cameras.
- Develop and implement automated tests using scripting tools to streamline testing processes.
- Perform regression testing to guarantee the stability and reliability of existing features.
- Document and track defects, providing detailed reports to facilitate efficient issue resolution.
- Contribute to the enhancement of QA processes, ensuring the adoption of best practices.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies to drive innovation in testing methodologies.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field or relevant work experience.
- Experience in testing or development role as part of product development organization delivering consumer products.
- Personal interest in camera technologies and image quality
- Proven experience in quality assurance testing, preferably in the consumer electronics or smart home industry.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- Familiarity with testing tools and frameworks such as TestRail.
- Experience in both objective image quality testing in laboratory environment and subjective image quality evaluation in real world use cases.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Hands-on work attitude.
- Curiosity and readiness to develop your skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.