DevOps Engineer II, Ring Solutions
The Ring team is looking for a DevOps Engineer with strong technical skills, problem solving abilities, deep customer affinity, and a strong desire to learn and be curious. We are looking for an individual who has experience working with both engineering and operations teams where solutions to problems may not be obvious given the scale it which we operate.
Key job responsibilities
- Administer, monitor, and deploy systems and services on AWS cloud platforms
- Develop tools to enhance deployment automation and simulate high-scale operations
- Assist leads with initiatives for upgrading and scaling our systems to improve availability, reliability, and performance
- Support other technical teams in monitoring operating efficiencies of the platform, and responding as needs arise
- Recommend alternative design and platform decisions (not always green-field)
- Collaborating with technical leads to integrate an end-to-end design that's well documented
- Work with global teams of engineers, growing their knowledge and skillset
A day in the life
You will be involved in a full stack development team (mobile, web, cloud, hardware, devops, QA, product management) executing our product roadmap. You will also work alongside your fellow DevOps to grow, design, refine, and enhance our infrastructure. As we continue to scale, you will face new challenges and have to discover new means of solving problems. Relevant IoT hardware experience is a plus.
About the team
The team behind Ring Alarm delivers a product that is saving lives. We are passionate about delivering to our customers and supporting one another in that mission.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA | North Reading, MA, USA
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- 2+ years of administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems and hands-on systems engineering experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals (networking, storage, operating systems)
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.