Research Scientist, Image Quality
As a Research Scientist at Amazon Ring, you will be an integral part of the Ring device engineering team, contributing to the product creation process. In this role, you will work to characterize and evaluate camera components and modules, carry out design-of-experiments, and define guidance for the component integration and device driver. You will delve into the product use cases and end-to-end image quality to develop the best performing solutions. In this dynamic position, you'll have the unique opportunity to work with various types of cameras and camera peripherals, as well as further develop measurement capabilities of our camera laboratories.
Key job responsibilities
- Propose imaging technologies, designs and components to improve end-user value
- Work on camera laboratories to evaluate new components, technologies and designs (lens, ICR, sensor, LEDs, ALS, camera modules).
- Work on camera laboratories to evaluate end-to-end image quality of products.
- Develop methods and analysis to evaluate performance characteristics of camera components, peripherals, and cameras as a system.
- Work with a component engineering team and product engineering team to provide rapid prototyping and characterization for camera related sub-systems.
- Work with cross-functional teams to draft component specification, design reviews, work with vendors to manufacture parts and validate results by specifying test parameters and methodologies.
- Hands on to find root causes, and develop solutions for issues.
About the team
Join the dynamic team at Amazon Ring, where passionate professionals are at the forefront of developing innovative Ring products. With over 50 device models sold globally, Ring is the leader in the smart home security space, offering an extensive range of products including video doorbells, indoor and outdoor security cameras, and dashboard cameras.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Signal Processing, Electronics, Computer Science, Automation, or related field.
- Familiarity with color science, related measurements and metrics.
- Strong fundamental engineering knowledge base in areas including measurement methods, reliability evaluation, tolerance analysis.
- Familiarity with camera components, camera as a system, and related quality metrics.
- Experience in python or other programming languages.
- Hands-on experience with camera and component characterization.
- Experience in image quality development, including image quality tuning, objective measurements and subjective tests.
- Work experience as a laboratory engineer working on camera/imaging systems, or consumer electronics.
- Proficiency in CAD tools, like Fusion, SolidWorks.
- Experience with design and development of measurement automation.
- Experience working with international, cross-functional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.