HW Design Engineer, Electronics, Image Quality
The Ring camera R&D team develop the imaging technologies which delight our customers. As a HW Design Engineer at Amazon Ring, you will be an integral part of the Ring device engineering team, contributing to the product creation process. In this role, you will work to develop camera products, including research to find the best technologies and components, design and build circuit boards to integrate the selected components, and build prototypes for system level validation. This role goes beyond conventional electronics design – you will delve into the product use cases, innovate the best performing solutions, build the proof-of-concept prototypes, and validate the technologies. In this dynamic position, you'll have the unique opportunity to work with various types of cameras and camera peripherals, as well as further develop capabilities of our camera laboratories.
Key job responsibilities
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies around cameras and camera peripherals.
- Collaborate with Ring R&D teams, sourcing, and vendors to short list the technologies and components for evaluation.
- Evaluate and propose the technologies and components to improve end-user value.
- Design schematics and layout, as well as build and verify the circuit boards.
- Design and build R&D tools and prototypes for performance evaluation.
- Write or contribute to development of specifications, criteria and procedures.
- Hands on to find root causes, and a solution or workaround for issues.
About the team
Join the dynamic team at Amazon Ring, where passionate professionals are at the forefront of developing innovative Ring products. With over 50 device models sold globally, Ring is the leader in the smart home security space, offering an extensive range of products including video doorbells, indoor and outdoor security cameras, and dashboard cameras.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Work experience as an electrical designer.
- Knowledge/experience in measuring and evaluating electronics components, including sensors and light sources.
- Knowledge/experience in schematic and layout design, including knowledge about PCB stack-ups and CAD design tools.
- Familiar with high speed circuits and buck-boost/LDO/SMPS designs.
- Familiar with equipment operations: oscilloscope, power supply, data acquisition...etc.
- Basic knowledge of firmware operation, MCU structure, GPIO settings...etc.
- Hands-on experience from soldering, measurements, and debugging.
- Hands-on work attitude.
- Personal interest in camera technologies and image quality.
- Experience with hardware/software integration and real-time systems.
- Experience with measurement systems and manufacturing technologies.
- Experience with rapid prototyping, including 3D mechanical design and printing.
- Experience with EMC/ESD measurements and related tuning.
- Understanding physics of light.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail.
- Enjoy solving tough challenges.
- Willing to study new, coming technologies.
- Curiosity and readiness to develop your skills.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.