Salesforce Developer, Ring
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Salesforce Developer to join our team at Ring and hold an engineering leadership role with strategic significance and high exposure. The successful candidate will be comfortable in operating in an ambiguous space with strong technical ability, project management skills, and background in building products and APIs from the ground up. You must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically. You should be innovative, have effective engineering leadership and communication skills, and be team oriented. You must excel in navigating cross-functional efforts and be adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into highly scalable, simple products that our customers will love. You will help build and define the designs of the team’s Salesforce.com environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Manage configuration/coding of new and existing Salesforce features, including user management, security, custom objects, page layouts, validations, workflows, flows, process builders, and other 3rd party applications
- Build solutions in Salesforce.com leveraging Force.com, VisualForce, APEX, Lightning Web Components, Web Services, and APIs
- Support cross systems integrations across native Salesforce ecosystem, backend services, and AWS technologies
- Partner with product owner and solution architect to deliver tailored solutions that support business requirements, create a superlative user experience, and drive tangible business value
- Participate in the planning and analysis of requirements for system enhancements, translating requirements into well-architecture solutions that best use the Salesforce platform and products
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to leverage Salesforce in innovative ways to improve existing business processes, and support an organization scaling at a rapid pace and provide expertise and recommend when to use configuration vs. code vs. out-of-the-box products
- Manage Salesforce support requests and any escalated needs of users by providing prompt and complete resolution to technical challenges and business support issues
A day in the life
Our ideal teammate possesses the ability to understand business requirements and processes, and translates these into innovative solutions that are highly usable and scalable. The ideal candidate also possesses a natural curiosity and sharp analytical skills. If you enjoy dealing with high ambiguity, complexity and broad scope that will be at the epicenter of our initiative, come join us! The Ring Customer Support Technology Enablement (RCTE) team is looking for a passionate, innovative, results-oriented Sr. Salesforce Developer to own and create services that drive the strategy and initiatives for Ring Customer Support and our Neighbors (customers).
About the team
The RCTE team owns and manages the customer support technology stack to provide and empower Ring’s customer support associates to provide service to our Neighbors (customers). Our vision is to be customer inspired and technology-enabled to propel customer service towards new horizons, transforming it into a scalable and secure enterprise-grade infrastructure within the next year. Today, we focus the business on reactive customer service. In the coming year, we will enhance products and technologies with groundbreaking innovations that will leave our customers thrilled and excited. We are committed to delivering neighbor and associate experiences that are unparalleled, simplifying and streamlining business processes with intuitive interfaces through the use of Out Of The Box or low-code solutions. We focus on providing a seamless and effortless experience that revolutionizes customer service and boosts productivity.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - FL | Virtual Location - GA | Virtual Location - NC | Virtual Location - SC | Virtual Location - TX
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby experience
- Build and deployment of complex and performant (reliable and scalable) software solutions
- 2+ years of Salesforce development experience using Apex, Visualforce, Lightning component frameworks, triggers, batch apex and Salesforce APIs at a large organization
- 1+ years of experience in Salesforce point and click configuration using flows, validation rules, setup, roles & profiles, reports and dashboards at a large organization
- 1+ years of AWS experience EC2, S3, ECS, Lambdas, EventBridge, SNS, SQS, SES, CodeCommit etc. and proficiency in integration technologies (JSON, REST, SOAP, GraphQL)
- Knowledge of engineering practices and patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and livesite operations
- Experience writing technical documents, project plans and progress reports to leadership and to stakeholders
- 2+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, certification, and operations experience
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce CRM application architecture coupled with a good understanding around the business processes (Customer Service)
- Familiarity with Amazon’s security certification processes (Amazon Security Review / Anvil, Kale)
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, Salesforce Service Cloud and Experience Cloud
- Certified Salesforce Administrator or equivalent experience
- Certified Salesforce Platform App Builder or Developer (DEV-401) Certification or equivalent experience
- 4-year college degree in computer science or computer engineering; alternate degrees that seem related may be considered; higher amounts of overall work experience may also be considered, in lieu of the 4-year degree
- Verbal/written communication skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.