Software Development Engineer, Ring
You will join the team that supports and develop the events management to delight our customers with hassle-free events browsing and playback, alongside building solutions and supporting new products that help Ring on their mission to make neighbourhoods safer.
Key job responsibilities
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer to work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team on consumer electronics products. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as own the deployment, operation and scaling of systems for Ring customers.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• Enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teams across the world
• Have previous expertise working with distributed systems and understand how they are deployed
• Can drive tasks to completion and take full ownership of projects
• Are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership
• Enjoy problem solving
A day in the life
At Ring we are focused on making neighbourhoods safer and in a day-to-day life we make every our decision with the mission in mind. A day in life varies which makes work at Ring challenging and exciting, on one day you would design new features and on another dive deep into production metrics and analyse customers' experience.
As a Software Development Engineer at Ring you will be responsible for designing features from scratch, taking full ownership from an idea to production deployment including development, testing, infrastructure setup, deployment and maintenance and monitoring.
About the team
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer, you will work with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. You will work on distributed cloud systems (predominantly in Java, Scala), as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well own the deployment, operation and scaling of our always-on distributed system that serves Ring customers worldwide.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).