Mgr, Materials Program (MPM), Ring
The Manager, MPM will lead a team of high-performing Material Program Managers and will ensure to deliver products that delight Amazon’s customers at the optimal cost and with the best possible supply chain plan.
Key job responsibilities
The Manager, MPM will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, make trade-offs, balance the business needs versus constraints to maximize business benefit. He/She will work on solving problems in a dynamic environment and influencing business and technical leaders with creative solutions.
The ideal candidate will thrive on ambiguity, problem solving and a fast-paced environment. They will be a self-starter, able to influence across teams and organizations, and have strong business judgment to help inform priorities for the team and asks for partner organizations to deliver the highest return on investment for the company.
- Define a winning cost and sourcing strategy supporting the product roadmap and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
- Drive implementation and delivery of scalable cross-organization mechanisms to deliver large scale initiatives through globally distributed teams
- Understand product and supply chain inter-dependencies and lead cross-functional teams towards mitigated solutions
- Assess risk, develop risk mitigation plans, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, manage issue escalation, and make tradeoffs
- Host executive level cost and SPOR reviews that deep dive through every aspect of your product cost
- Work with Contract Manufacturers to establish robust mechanisms to drive cost down and efficient supply
- Ability to represent the MPM team in different time zones
About the team
The Manager, MPM role reports into the Product Operations Organization. A global product focused organization responsible for coordinating program specific activities related to cost, supply chain and manufacturing across different functional areas with the objective of creating products that help make neighborhoods safer.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hawthorne, CA, USA | Sunnyvale, CA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 3 years people management experience
- 10+ years of supply chain management or related experience with a focus on consumer electronics
- Experience with hardware product development lifecycle processes
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop a business case
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Master/MBA degree preferred
- Experience in hiring and managing globally disperse teams or remote teams
- Experience developing and implementing scorecards and KPIs to measure performance of the team, suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Experience in change management
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $130,200/year in our lowest geographic market up to $242,200/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.