Embedded SDE III, Ring, Ring
Ring in the UK will grow rapidly in 2024, therefore we are looking for skilled individuals with a strong sense of independence to join our team in Cambridge. Our team will develop current projects as well as build and deliver new features. As an Software Development Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
* Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems.
* Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
* Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
* Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Ring team and support the development of new and existing products. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Key job responsibilities
* Delivering high-quality C/C++ code for Ring Devices at Amazon,
* Specifying, designing, and implementing functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems,
* Collaborating effectively
* Proactively communicating and demonstrating technical leadership.
A day in the life
As Amazon is Day1 company we are never stop with maintenance, we are always moving forward to innovate our products. Every day we are solving challenging problems to make our product more suited to customer needs.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience in development in the last 3 years
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience in embedded development in C/C++
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).