Sr SW Development Engineer, Ring Product Development
Ring org's mission is to make neighbourhood's safer. We innovate rapidly on behalf of our customers and deliver ambiguous and ambitious technical products.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer – Line Powered Devices (LPD) you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and design innovative consumer products. Vertically your ownership can span across application, device framework, platform, network stack, protocols, and drivers. Horizontally you will be given to opportunity to work and own firmware and platform across all Ring device categories.
You will work closely with the product management, hardware, operations, application, firmware, platform, and quality assurance teams. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. The LPD team is responsible for the complete device side software for LPD Ring devices. This includes delivery and maintenance of an evolving feature rich, high-performance, low-power, stable platform. In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Key job responsibilities
•Work with cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences.
•Implement high-quality framework, network stack and application features.
•Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions.
•Implement power management features
•Work with teams to improve and tailor existing firmware, drivers, stack, and applications to our needs. Improve memory footprint, optimise drive, stack and application code.
•Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture.
•Support compliance and certification activities.
A day in the life
Your work is very hands-on and multi-disciplinary. You will be defining and building firmware, platform, and network solutions and work closely with vendors, engineers, and product teams. You write documents, carry out experiments, demonstrate proof-of-concepts, build prototypes, and ship sophisticated systems.
About the team
Ring offers smart security solutions that are dependable and reliable to make neighbourhoods safer. You will be part of a fast-paced team that is passionate about delivering innovative solutions to complex problems.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
- 5+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 5+ years of programming with at least one software programming language experience
- 5+ years of leading design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- 5+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Deep hands-on experience in operating systems (Linux Kernel, RTOS), firmware and platform development.