System Development Engineer, Ring Cloud CV
You will join a fast paced team that builds global-scale always-on Ring cloud services leveraging computer vision (CV) technologies to serve millions of users. You will be working on technologies that are both very innovative and critical for Ring mission - make neighbourhoods safer.
Key job responsibilities
As a System Development Engineer you will work with experienced cross-disciplinary team on cloud software for consumer electronics products. You will drive key aspects of product definition, design, development, deployment, scaling and operations at truly global scale.
You will be successful in this role if you:
• enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teams,
• are committed, take ownership and drive tasks to their completion,
• are comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership,
• are passionate about designing and building highly available, resilient and scalable large-scale cloud services,
• enjoy solving problems and like technological challenges - you will learn a lot.
A day in the life
A day in life varies which makes work at Ring challenging and exciting - one day you would design new features, on another you might dive deep into production metrics and analyze customers' experience, and then you can work on a technical proof-of-concept for a new solution being designed.
As a System Development Engineer at Ring you will be responsible for designing features from scratch, taking full ownership from an idea to production deployment including development, testing, infrastructure setup, deployment, maintenance, monitoring and further tweaking.
About the team
You will join a newly formed team which is a rare opportunity for you to be there from its early times and impact its shape!
With your peers you will work on improvements to existing AWS-based distributed cloud systems, undertake feasibility studies and design new cloud software solutions. You will drive key aspects of product definition, execution, tests, deployment, operations and scaling of our always-on distributed systems that serve dozens of millions of Ring customers worldwide. We do process billions of requests and video streams every day so there are not many places out there where you can work on truly global-scale cloud systems!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Krakow, POL | Warsaw, POL
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development.
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, Golang or Python, including object-oriented design.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience.
- Full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience.
- Experience working with distributed systems or applications.
- Working experience with AWS and infrastructure as code.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Sharp analytical and troubleshooting abilities.
- Hands on experience in developing quality applications.
- Curiosity and passion to constantly learn new things.
- Understanding of machine learning technologies will be a plus.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.