Embedded Firmware Engineer, Ring
Ring is looking for an experienced embedded firmware developer to develop firmware for our IoT devices. This work includes the development of Ring Smart Lighting devices, such as controllable light bulbs, floodlights, landscaping lighting and more which are all design to extend the "ring of security" Ring provides our neighbors. These products will be deployed all over the world and add to the ecosystem of Ring's camera's and alarm systems.
Key job responsibilities
- Develop C code on ARM Cortex M wireless microprocessors.
- Write application logic code for our security lights and camera accessories
- Work with QA to get development tickets across the line for release
- Investigate issues that may arise with deployed firmware
- Follow direction from Software Manager, Program Manager and lead engineers
- Ensure build system for continuous integration is in place with automated unit tests
- Document all designs and decisions
- Groom development tickets with the team
A day in the life
In this role you will develop firmware for custom wireless based battery and solar powered device hardware. This work will be defined in releases that are planned and organized in our agile tool system. You will participate in embedded design and development. Assist in investigating issues for devices in the field and provide the best lighting devices for our customers to use in and around their homes.
About the team
The team is distributed across the globe with product and development leadership based in the US. We are growing a team in the UK to focus on the development of our core lighting devices. We integrate the lighting devices into many products across Amazon and Rings family of products and technologies, like echo devices and Ring security cameras. The team is committed to developing security based lighting devices and accessory products for our neighbors to integrate into their home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).