Embedded Software Engineer II, Ring
Ring in Poland will grow rapidly in 2023, therefore we are looking for skilled individuals with a strong sense of independence to join our team in Gdansk. Our team will develop current projects as well as build and deliver new features. As an Software Development Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate:
* Enjoys working side by side with colleagues and teams on tough problems.
* Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities.
* Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish.
* Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Ring team and support the development of new and existing products. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Key job responsibilities
* Delivering high-quality C/C++ code for Ring Devices at Amazon,
* Specifying, designing, and implementing functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems,
* Collaborating effectively
* Proactively communicating and demonstrating technical leadership.
A day in the life
As Amazon is Day1 company we are never stock with maintenance, we are always moving forward to innovate our products. Every day we are solving challenging problems to make our product more suited to customer needs.
About the team
As a team we build Ring Doorbell Wired - https://ring.com/products/video-doorbell-wired
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience in software and embedded development with C/C++ and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
- Field experience with writing low-level drivers, interrupting service routines, and general troubleshooting/debugging with hardware.
- Master's in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems.
- Extensive experience in two or more of the following technical categories:
- Hardware security (PCB, JTAG, UART, SPI, ROM, microcode, custom ASIC/FPGA).
- x86 and/or ARM chipset and firmware security (TPM, UEFI, TrustZone, Secure Boot, JTAG, PCIe).
- Security assessment (e.g. penetration testing, incident response, forensics, network traffic analysis).
- Performing security reviews and implementing defensive technical security controls.
- Virtualization security, side-channel attack vectors, and potential mitigation.
- An understanding of network and web related protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS).
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture and web services security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with other security engineers and developers to deliver complex projects.
- Experience in reviewing complex systems design/code for security best practices and compliance with industry standards.
- Strong creative problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge and experience with cryptography and computer security.
- Distributed systems experience.
- Knowledge of Linux systems and operating system internals.
- Experience with large scale systems.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.