Hardware Development Engineer, Ring HW/SW
Ring is looking for a Hardware Development Engineer who will be a part of our global electrical engineering team, playing a critical role in ensuring the highest product quality standards and driving continuous improvement for the products. Development of full devices requires in system level design for SoC platform, Memory, Sensors, Power Architecture, and related peripheral function while the integration with technologies like radar, cameras, radios WLAN and WWAN.
You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment. You are expected to represent as a Design owner and kdive deep into the difficult problem for the root cause analysis and arrange appropriated solution for it.
Key job responsibilities
· EE development from RFQ to MP
· Hands on for circuit design, study, build and verification
· Write or contribute to development of test specifications, criteria and procedures.
· Hands on to find root cause, and a solution or workaround for bugs
· Second source qualification, cost down task and manufacturing efficiencies
· Support new product introduction and Sustaining engineering
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hsinchu City, TPE, TWN | Taipei, TPE, TWN
- 7+ plus years work experience, and at least 5+ years as an electrical designer
- Familiar with equipment operations: scope, power supply, data acquisition...etc.
- Basic knowledge of FW operation, MCU structure, OTA, GPIO settings...etc.
- SI / PI knowledge ==> high speed circuit layout guide, buck / boost / LDO theory, basic components selection capability and experience of hands for the measurement of the SI / PI circuit would be a plus
- Experience in schematic design, PCB layout design and the basic knowledge of EE CAD design tool
- Experience in working with CM
- Strong expertise in motherboard design, PCB design including schematic capture, stackup and circuit board layout.
- Experience building high volume consumer products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, Self-driven, Team player, and Ownership
- Ability to multitask and Enjoy solving tough bugs
- Willing to study new, coming technologies
- Know IoT products market trends