DevOps Engineer, Ring Continuous Improvement
Ring has an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to help build enterprise solutions, automation, and tooling for it's mobile service teams. This individual will join a first-class team of engineers to help solve complex architectural challenges. They will have direct access to industry leading solutions architects that will help develop great technology. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, and rapidly scaling environment.
- Provide solutions, automation, and tooling for multiple service teams
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale systems and service solutions on AWS
- Collaborate with developers and engineers to integrate end-to-end design that's well documented
- Recommend alternative design and platform options
- Monitor communications channels, monitoring tools, and related systems to ensure awareness of system stability, health, and performance
Key job responsibilities
- Automating Deployment: Create and maintain automated deployment pipelines to streamline the release of software applications and updates.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to facilitate frequent and reliable software releases.
- Monitoring and Logging: Set up monitoring systems to track the performance and health of applications, and manage log data to troubleshoot issues.
- Maintenance: Remediate issues related to system updates and issues reported by security/compliance scanners.
- Documentation: Document processes and configurations to ensure knowledge sharing and consistency within the team.
- Problem Resolution: Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to deployments, configurations, and performance.
- Scripting and Coding: Write scripts and code to automate tasks and create custom solutions for specific needs.
- Education and Training: Stay updated on the latest DevOps tools and practices and provide training to team members.
- Cost Optimization: Optimize infrastructure costs by scaling resources as needed and making cost-effective choices.
- Containerization: Work with containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes.
A day in the life
A Ring DevOps engineer's day is a blend of project tasks, operational tasks, service team support and design research. I unblock service teams by delivering solutions for feature development. I drive standardizations to create infrastructure patterns that lower total cost of ownership. We participate in organizational level excellence meetings. I effectively communicate with program managers, engineers, and leadership to provide best practice guidance. Troubleshooting and issue resolution round out the day, fostering operational excellence. It's a demanding yet rewarding role, where every day brings new opportunities to optimize development, enhance automation, and support the team's success.
About the team
Our customers are "Always Home" with Ring, so we must maintain exceptionally high standards for our systems. To fulfill our customer promise, the Ring Continuous Improvement Team (RCIT) drives backend service uptime improvements, implements bar-raiser programs, improves productivity and collaboration tools, and drives down infrastructure costs through efficiency campaigns and tooling.
RCIT drives Ring Excellence across these four pillars:
- Operational and Engineering Excellence
- Infrastructure Cost and Efficiency
- Information Technology
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as C++, C#, Java, Python, Golang, PowerShell, Ruby
- Non-internship professional software development experience
- Administrative experience in networking, storage systems, operating systems and hands-on systems engineering experience
- Designing or architecting (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering fundamentals (networking, storage, operating systems)
- Experience with PowerShell (preferred), Python, Ruby, or Java
- Experience working in an Agile environment using the Scrum methodology
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.