Lab Engineer, Ring
Ring is seeking a talented, customer-obsessed Lab Engineer to help accelerate development of high-quality Ring and Blink smart home products. The candidate will support testing and prototyping requests as well as help us scale the services offered by our hardware lab.
Key job responsibilities
- Conduct electrical components and sub-assemblies validation
- Maintain lab equipment and parts inventory
- Create and maintain lab work instructions and test procedures
- Assist in prototyping and test fixture development
- Work with Firmware Engineers to bring up new hardware and debug designs
- Conduct field failure analysis and hardware validation
A day in the life
As a Lab Engineer you will work with a cross-functional team to develop and test innovative smart home products. You will work closely with hardware and firmware engineers to build prototypes, validate components and execute testing. You will help to scope and design new testing apparatuses to expand the hardware lab’s testing capabilities. You will help manage the day to day upkeep of the hardware lab including organizing requests, ordering materials and maintaining equipment.
About the team
The Ring Solutions Hardware team (AKA: The Forge) is responsible for electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineering activities for all Blink, Ring Alarm, and Ring Smart Lighting products. Our team is made up of talented EEs, MEs, and test engineers dedicated to delivering exceptional products, quickly and economically.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Malvern, PA, USA
- AS Electronics, EE Tech or related engineering field
- Knowledge of consumer electronic devices, lab equipment, environmental testing, and component reliability
- Able to operate electronics lab equipment including oscilloscopes, multimeters, power supplies, frequency generators, and spectrum/network analyzers
- Understands how to interpret engineering documentation, including schematics, equipment specifications, test procedures, and/or SOPs
- Able to complete hardware rework, prototype fabrication, and/or component testing according to work instructions, procedures, or other documentation provided
- Proficient in use of PC/Mac, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- BS EE or EE Tech with 2 years of lab or testing experience
- Experience building and troubleshooting electronics assemblies
- Experience testing hardware products
- Capable of soldering and reworking electronic assemblies including all types of SMT components
- Familiarity with embedded systems and/or wireless technologies
- Experience with rapid prototyping technologies
- Understanding of analog, digital and high-speed circuit design
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.