Front-End Engineer, Ring
Accelerate the adoption of low-cost whole home security solutions to make neighborhoods safer!
You will build user interfaces helping customer's make purchase decisions. This includes automated recommendations, knowledge base and support for Ring Call Service who advise customers. You will build a single destination for improved customer experience to help provide product and feature knowledge, troubleshoot, DIY support. Your solutions will depend on back-end services on AWS.
You can expect working with micro-frontends, serverless micro-services and API integrations. Your solutions will follow the AWS Well Architected Framework.
This role is available in Warsaw and Gdansk.
Key job responsibilities
- Write, test and deploy code using Amazon and AWS tools.
- Write automated UI tests.
- Design new user interfaces and features.
- Follow best practicies in user interfaces and insist on high standards.
- Work with designers and stakeholders.
- Occasionally develop or fix issues on the back-end.
- Work in a Scrum team, attending Daily, Planning, Grooming and Retro meetings.
- Contribute to estimating and planning of work.
- Help your team mates and get help from them.
- Take part in oncall support.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the first-ever video doorbell, to the award-winning DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Warsaw, POL
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, JS including working with frameworks like React, Angular or Vue.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python, C#) used for back-end development.
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools.
- Experience in working with scalable, reliable and high-performing web-services.
- Experience in defining, developing and maintaining web-API's.
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies including serverless design patterns.
- Experience with Linux.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.