Supply Chain Planner, Blink
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echos. We build the wireless, battery-operated home security cameras that send motion-activated alerts and HD video to your smartphone or tablet for an amazingly affordable price.
Help us create supply chain planning procurement capabilities that ensure our customers get what they want when they want it. As our product segment is in its infancy, everyone is required to be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more ‘startup’ than ‘big company’.
At the same time, your strategy needs to support the complexity, scale, and expectations that come with Amazon’s high standards in this function. What will you help us create?
Key job responsibilities
The Inventory Planner I is responsible for all activities related to demand/supply planning from production forecasts to finished good delivery including day-to-day communication and management of OEM partners, as it relates to planning and order fulfillment within assigned planning segment. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote Operations team driving planning and order fulfillment. In this role, you will:
- Manage segments of the master production schedule using the capacity plan, material clear to build report, and demand as inputs
- Drive solutions to reduce and eliminate any gaps in supply plans preventing meeting order schedule
- Schedule and host meetings with manufacturing partners globally as required, reducing and eliminating shortages
- Act as the primary liaison between the OEM and greater team monitoring, managing and driving the OEM to assure goals and schedules are being met within planning segment
- Verify fulfillment of build/ship
- Work with Finance, Sales planning, Sourcing, Engineering and other teams to monitor and report budget
- Be responsible for report generation and distribution
- Represent the planning organization in internal program meetings
- Promote process improvement and standardization of across all sites in the network
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
North Reading, MA, USA
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations or related field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years Planning experience in a consumer market Segment Company using systems such as SAP, NetSuite, Oracle
- 2+ years Supply Chain management experience
- Experience with MS Office, specifically Excel
- Understanding (and practical application) of LEAN
- Master’s degree
- APICS certified
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to senior management, peers, and team members
- A keen, flexible and aggressive intellect with superb conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully
- Experience with LEAN manufacturing preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.