Quality Assurance Manager, Device OS
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Manager in Device OS Team in India region within the Devices & Services Org, responsible for shaping the future of what people watch on television?Device org is looking for experienced, results-oriented QAM who is capable of translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. We own set of products within the Device OS team and would be great to have somebody who is passionate to improve the customer experience. Successful candidates are creative QAMs who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work and are passionate about great software and ultimately a great customer experience.
Key job responsibilities
* Be obsessed with quality improvement and highly committed to building and retaining a solid QA team, creating reliable testing strategy, automation for regression, feature and End-to-End testing.
* Work with product management and cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experiences
* Establish structures that enable your team to solve complex problems and deliver large systems
* Work successfully with customers, leaders, and other engineering teams. You foster constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues
* Provide hands-on technical leadership to the team, test plan reviews, and prioritization
* Advise senior and executive management on product quality
* Manage team priorities, headcount projections, recruiting, and continuous performance evaluations
* Hire the right mix of engineers to accomplish team goals. You can assess performance and have experience managing both high and low performers. You take effective action addressing employee concerns. You successfully hire, develop, and promote.
A day in the life
As a Quality Assurance (QA) leader, you will build and lead a diverse team of QA engineers to solve technical problems, develop and execute roadmap of test frameworks & infrastructure.You will be working with an assorted set of stakeholders, both internally at Amazon, and with some of our partners. You will influence the roadmap and technology decisions that will drive future products and features that directly affect our growth in this critical space. A successful candidate is a motivator and an experienced leader who can hire high-caliber engineers and collaborate across matrices organizations, with the ability to influence senior leadership.
About the team
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bangalore, KA, IND
- 5+ years of quality assurance engineering experience
- 3+ years of quality assurance teams management experience
- Experience managing manual testers
- Experience managing automation testers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of relevant engineering experience in quality assurance for applications for Linux based embedded systems: C++, Java, or other object-oriented languages
- 2+ years of people management experience, managing engineers (mentoring, coaching, and career planning)
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of experience in testing and automation for Linux application development (QT) or Automotive
- 8+ years of relevant engineering experience in testing frameworks and applications for Linux based embedded systems: C++, Java, or other object-oriented languages
- 4+ years of people management experience, managing engineers (mentoring, coaching, and career planning)
- 4+ years working with hardware and software platforms in any of the following OSes : Linux, QNX, AGL or Android
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to drive innovation and passionate about learning new technologies
- Proven ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team