Software Development Engineer, Ring Continuous Improvement
Ring has an exciting opportunity for an Software Development Engineer to help build enterprise solutions, services, automation, and tooling for it's Continuous Improvement teams. This individual will join a first-class team of engineers to help solve complex architectural challenges. They will have direct access to industry leading solutions architects that will help develop great technology. The ideal candidate will be excited to work in a fast-pace, challenging, and rapidly scaling environment.
- Develop and maintain services, solutions, automation, and tooling used across Ring.
- Administer, monitor, and deploy large scale systems and service solutions on AWS.
- Collaborate with engineers and product owners to develop well-documented end-to-end designs.
- Monitor communications channels, monitoring tools, and related systems to ensure awareness of system stability, health, and performance.
Key job responsibilities
- Application Development: Create applications and services that improve Ring engineering efficiency.
- Scripting and Coding: Write scripts and code to automate tasks and create custom solutions for specific needs.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD): Implement and maintain CI/CD pipelines to facilitate frequent and reliable software releases.
- Problem Resolution: Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to deployments, configurations, and performance.
A day in the life
A Ring SDE's day is a blend of project tasks, operational tasks, service team support and design research. We unblock service teams by delivering solutions for feature development. Drive standardization to create infrastructure patterns that lower total cost of ownership. We participate in organizational level excellence meetings. We effectively communicate with program managers, engineers, and leadership to provide best practice guidance. Troubleshooting and issue resolution round out the day, fostering operational excellence. It's a demanding yet rewarding role, where every day brings new opportunities to optimize development, enhance automation, and support the team's success.
About the team
Our customers are "Always Home" with Ring, so we must maintain exceptionally high standards for our systems. To fulfill our customer promise, the Ring Continuous Improvement Team (RCIT) drives backend service uptime improvements, implements bar-raiser programs, improves productivity and collaboration tools, and drives down infrastructure costs through efficiency campaigns and tooling.
RCIT drives Ring Excellence across these four pillars:
- Operational and Engineering Excellence
- Infrastructure Cost and Efficiency
- Information Technology
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Irvine, CA, USA
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $115,000/year in our lowest geographic market up to $223,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.