Embedded Software Engineer - Amazon Sidewalk
Sidewalk is looking for Software Development Engineer to design and develop Sidewalk SDKs. You will help contribute to a nationwide community network that will enable connectivity for millions of IOT devices. You will design and contribute to Sidewalk SDKs that will be integrated into millions of IOT gateways and devices.
Key job responsibilities
- Design and develop key components of the Sidewalk SDK.
- Work closely with cross functional team, understand the requirements, design and deliver innovative monitoring solutions to help preserve customer trust.
- Evaluate different design choices, prototype new technology, and implement technical solutions that address business requirements
- Drive engineering best practices around operational excellence and set standards in the team
- Deal with ambiguity, make data-driven decisions and juggle cross-organization complexity
A day in the life
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing key components of Sidewalk SDKs. You will work closely with cross functional teams across Ring, Echo, and Alexa orgs to bring a unified connectivity solution for our customers.
About the team
Sidewalk SDK team owns all the components and infrastructure that is backbone of the Sidewalk network. Sidewalk is already enabled on more than 80 million Amazon and Ring devices, with more devices added every day. The team is responsible for scaling the core connectivity for the network. The team believes in choosing the right tool and technology for the job, and has created services in various programming languages like Java, Kotlin, Go, Rust, and Python.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hsinchu City, TPE, TWN | Taipei, TPE, TWN
- 4+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive embedded development experience in C and C++, and familiarity with ARM CPUs
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Experience with modern C++ programming (C++14 and above)
- Experience with Linux system programming
- Experience with Android BSP or Android framework development
- Experience with Linux Kernel / Driver development
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related fields
- Fluent technical communication in Mandarin and English