Senior Category Manager, Ring Sales
Ring is looking for a driven, strategic, customer-centric Senior Category manager with experience working in a high growth business operation. The Senior Category manager will be solution-focused and analytical, an expert practitioner in creating competitive environments, and have a strong bias for decision-making rooted in data and analytics. The candidate will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization. In this role, you will work cross functionally with business leaders across the company — including GTM, Marketing, Channel, Sales, Supply Chain, and Finance — to strengthen Ring’s position in the marketplace as well as drive sales and strategic growth in Offline and Online channels. This candidate will ensure that developed strategies across critical categories and product verticals win with our customers.
Successful candidates must work well in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment, and will work alongside highly collaborative and entrepreneurial colleagues in a startup environment.
Key job responsibilities
• Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and annual business reviews and sales planning processes.
• Establish and lead implementation of category learnings, insight and business strategies, driving prioritization and mitigation of risks substantiated and balanced by sound business/market rationale and thought leadership.
• Manage and own the promotional strategy and planning across all channels including iteration, developing a bundling strategy, modeling, forecasting, and post-analysis reporting to inform our decision making on future programs.
• Identify new approaches for growing the business, driving initiatives to increase category awareness, and creating processes to better manage the performance of the category over the long term.
• Partner with retail teams in offline and online channels regarding strategic business planning, identifying opportunities, and evaluating marketing solutions that drive profitable sales growth.
• Partner with sales in crafting analysis, actions, and messaging for key strategic topics, as well as monthly/quarterly business review meetings.
• Foster and facilitate alignment across the sales and marketing business unit around data and insights to develop the view on global growth and household formation.
• Work closely with Planning and GTM teams to imbue business cases with objective strategic rationale for build/forecasting meetings.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Bellevue, WA, USA | Los Angeles, CA, USA
- 5+ years of product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience owning/driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience as a product manager or owner
- Experience owning technology products
- Experience in influencing senior leadership through data driven insights
- Experience working across functional teams and senior stakeholders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $110,700/year in our lowest geographic market up to $206,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.