Product Certifications Manager - Blink
Blink is looking for a Product Certification Manager to ensure we deliver products that meet regulatory requirements for global market access. You will work closely with our globally located, cross-functional product development teams to develop and execute compliance test plans.
You will join a team who are responsible for hardware compliance and certification for Ring and Blink products. This position requires strong technical expertise and experience in EMC, radio, safety and energy efficiency regulatory compliance. The right candidate will be an integral partner to the hardware development team, ensuring that all product designs conform with worldwide regulatory requirements. You must be a regulatory subject matter expert with a deep working knowledge of wireless devices and technology.
Key job responsibilities
• Drive a standardized and harmonized approach to Regulatory Compliance across Ring's suite of products
• Translate product business requirements into compliance qualification test plans
• Working with engineering team, including the product/program managers, actively educate on regulatory requirements for new and existing products, help guide compliant design development and verify compliance through testing, debug and validation activities
• Identify and validate product risks and work with design teams to mitigate them
• Provide hands-on expertise in EMC and radio compliance during development (pre-compliance testing)
• Work with 3rd party test labs to test and validate our products, supporting testing from both a hardware and software perspective
• Complete testing activity, debug and root cause failures, accurately communicate to hardware teams to allow corrective design actions to be implemented
• File official paperwork and obtain final approval from government or regulatory bodies
• Track and research applicable requirements related to worldwide regulatory certification labeling and ensure Ring products remain compliant with current regulations
• Stay up to date on any changes to global market access approvals and testing procedures
A day in the life
You will engage with experienced cross-functional teams and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and tests. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. As a Product Certifications Manager, you will be a positive influence to the cross-functional team in launching new disruptive products that are compliant, safe, high quality and reliable.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar technical degree.
• 5+ years proven track record of working in a manufacturer or third-party test lab environment
• Experience in defining and documenting regulatory test plans for global market access
• Hands on experience of regulatory testing for wireless products containing WLAN, BT, Zigbee, Z-Wave technologies.
• Skilled in test report review, preparing and submitting documentation for FCC, ISED, CE, UKCA.
• Excellent English interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• 7+ year experience in hardware compliance.
• Ability to multitask in ambiguous and fast paced environment.