Software Engineer - Connectivity, Ring
As a Software Development Engineer - Connectivity, you'll collaborate with a seasoned multidisciplinary team to brainstorm and develop cutting-edge consumer products. In terms of depth, your domain could range from applications, device frameworks, and connectivity stacks to drivers, as well as intricate algorithms for low-level wireless controller coexistence and scheduling. In terms of breadth, you'll have the opportunity to delve into connectivity solutions across the entire spectrum of Ring products, from Doorbells and Camera devices to IoT Smart Home security solutions. Your focus will be on various wireless technologies, including Wi-Fi, BLE, 900MHz, and TCP/IP networks or BLE stacks.
Your role involves a close partnership with teams in product management, hardware, operations, application, platform, cloud, and quality assurance. It's essential to be agile, adaptable, and thrive in a transparent, team-oriented setting. The Ring Connectivity team shoulders the responsibility of ensuring an optimal connectivity user experience and defining use cases across the Ring product range.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to provide technical solutions for desired user experiences
- Implement high-quality power-efficient network stack, framework and application features for line-powered as well as battery-powered devices
- Implement the right metrics, debug tools and integrate with backend solutions to continuously measure and improve on our solutions
- Work with teams to improve and tailor existing drivers, stack and applications for custom needs
- Improve memory footprint, optimize driver, stack and application code
- Work with the hardware team to ensure correct exercising of hardware and RF architecture
About the team
Ring has a mission to reduce crime in neighborhoods. With affordable solutions that work on any home, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Now Ring is part of the Amazon Devices family, and are seeking engineers who will help us create the next generation of home security. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hsinchu City, TPE, TWN | Taipei, TWN
- 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship design or architecture (design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems experience
- Experience programming with at least one software programming language
- 3+ years of full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of wireless embedded systems or architecture
- Experience with wireless networking hardware such as routers, wireless station, wireless access points
- Knowledge of 802.11, 802.3, DHCP, TCP/IP stack of wireless technology or BLE protocol and stack.
- Experience with Linux or RTOS development.