Quality Assurance Engineer I, Ring
Ring is seeking a QA Engineer to join a rapidly growing team focused on mobile applications. You’ll work closely with product, engineering, and QA teams to understand features, develop and automate test cases, improve product quality, and shorten release time from dev to production. You will represent QA concerns in meetings as well as provide valuable end-user feedback to improve the customer experience.
The ideal candidate is a motivated and talented test engineer who is passionate about testing software through automation and creating a stellar customer experience. They also thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Work as part of a team of experienced QA engineers testing multiple software releases.
- Hands-on experience creating, maintaining, and executing test cases/suites as well as analyzing results.
- Create stable and re-usable automation of test cases for new features against for our mobile apps on iOS/Android/Fire platforms.
- Create test plans and test cases for new features and ensure that adequate test coverage is provided.
- Troubleshoot issues down to the root cause and create detailed bug reports.
- Prepare precise Test Completion reports for management to review and approve the release(s).
- Participate in test planning efforts and communication of status.
A day in the life
- Automation: Create, execute, analyze, maintain and troubleshoot test cases and results
- Drive the creation of test plans and test strategy for our products
- Execute test cases, validate bug fixes and sprint tickets, report test results, and be an advocate for quality in every phase of the development process
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, technology, computer science, machine learning, robotics, operations research, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative field
- Experience in automation testing
- Experience in manual testing
- Experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- Experience with debugging and automation testing tools (Appium, Selenium Webdriver, Jenkins, Postman, Charles Proxy, etc.).
- Experience with source control versioning systems, preferably Bitbucket
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience in API & Mobile testing
- Experience designing and planning test conditions, test scripts, and test data sets to ensure appropriate and adequate coverage and control
- Have strong interpersonal, writing, and communication skills.
- Knowledge in CI/CD processes and tools.
- Application automation testing experience (i.e. Appium, Selenium, Cucumber).
- Experience with tools and frameworks like Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, TestNG, and TestRail.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).