Software Development Engineer, Ring
Ring is working on innovative new products; therefore, we are looking for skilled individuals with a strong bias for action and deep technical knowledge to join our team in Cambridge. Our team is developing a new class of product and building the software framework for high performance embedded robotics systems. As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a core member of the development team. The ideal candidate is passionate about internet connected devices, has a strong understanding of embedded and systems software, and understands how your code runs on hardware. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
Key job responsibilities
- Delivering high-quality C/C++ code for Ring Devices at Amazon
- Specifying, designing, and implementing functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Collaborate effectively with applied science, software, and electronics engineering teams.
About the team
We are the robotics platform engineering team. We are making autonomous robots! We own and build the foundational software layers that enable product functionality and applied science to achieve features that surprise and delight customers. We care about speed and reliability. We aim to squeeze every drop of compute performance from our device hardware, and we use our knowledge of compute architecture to make that happen.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in embedded development in C/C++
- Knowledge of ARM CPUs
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Experience with Linux application development
- Experience with Linux Kernel development
- Experience with robotics or drone development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).