Software Development Engineer in Test, Ring
Ring's mission is to make neighborhoods safer. With affordable solutions, Ring is committed to offering smart security that’s accessible to everyone. Ring is seeking software engineers to join our team and help us innovate.
Key job responsibilities
We are looking for a passionate and talented Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) who has experience building innovative, mission critical software features.
In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for the development and maintenance of automated testing framework for key features on devices.
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Research and implement novel system profiling approaches for Amazon device test automation.
- Assist architectural and design review of new and current systems.
- Work in an Agile or Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
A day in the life
The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting and building IoT products. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Hsinchu City, TPE, TWN | Taipei, TPE, TWN
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Solid knowledge of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design and systems architecture.
- 5+ years professional experience in design and implementation of automated test system for embedded system.
- Experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Python, Java or C/C++.
- Good written and spoken English communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Familiar with Linux / RTOS environment (ex: Linux shell script, Linux commands, CLI).
- Familiar with system profiling or debugging tools (ex: perf, strace, ftrace).
- Familiar with git, gerrit, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience with RESTful API and creating a simple cloud service.
- Experience with test automation framework.