SI/PI Engineer, Ring
Ring is looking for a SI/PI Engineer to join the Devices Team in our Taipei, Taiwan office. The Devices Team is responsible for the development of Ring Video Doorbells, Ring Security Cameras, Ring In-door Drone, and other Ring products.
As a SI/PI Engineer you will be working with multidisciplinary group of electrical, power and RF engineers and engaged in a fast paced mission to deliver new products. The team faces a challenging task of balancing cost, schedule, and performance requirements. You should be comfortable collaborating in a fast-paced environment, and contributing to innovative solutions, while demonstrating leadership, technical competence.
Your deliverables will include the SI/PI risk assessment by the simulation, analysis and correlation of the measurement result, and also the new simulation methodology development from the system level. The candidate needs to work with team to define and conduct the system behavior/performance of the electrical, power and RF to ensure the design compliance with all operation conditions before manufacturing release.
Key job responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Coordinate SI/PI analysis and validation of product design from RFQ to MP.
· Lead board stackup definition and design constraint setup as design guidance.
· Hands on SI/PI risk evaluaton of product design and improvement suggestion.
· Hands on to find a solutions and workaround for SI/PI issues.
· Hands on SI validation plan definition and execution.
· Study advanced solutions for new SI/PI issues or new technique for SI/PI analysis.
Capabilities suggested for this role:
· Basic knowledge of SI theory, PI concept, PCB manufacturing, and EDA tool application.
· Basic knowledge of general buses ==> I2C, SPI, USB, MIPI and DDR...etc.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Taipei, TPE, TWN
- Master's degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- Experience designing small form factor devices
- Knowledge of SolidWorks simulation or Ansys Finite Element analysis tools
- Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment at volume