Software Development Engineer (Cloud), Ring Operations
Build scalable cloud solutions at the most customer-centric company on Earth!
You will build services on AWS improving and automating Ring operations. External customers will use your solutions to solve increasingly complex problems without the need for human assistance. You will design new services and embed it them into the Ring and Amazon ecosystem.
You can expect working with a mix of hosted and serverless micro-services. Your solutions will follow the AWS Well Architected Framework.
This role is available in Warsaw, Gdansk or Cracow.
Key job responsibilities
Designing new services on AWS including the use of a multitude of different AWS solutions.
Writing, testing, maintaining and deploying code.
Inventing, designing, estimating and planning of new features.
Working in a Scrum team, attending Daily, Planning, Grooming and Retro meetings.
Learning from others and helping to grow junior team members.
About the team
Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighbourhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighbourhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighbourhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. With Ring, you’re always home.
For more information, visit http://www.ring.com/
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Krakow, POL | Warsaw, POL
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Professional software development experience
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python, JS, C#, C/C++).
- Experience in system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling of new and current systems).
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Experience in working with cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, GCP etc.)
- Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.