Software Development Engineer in Test, Ring Smart Lighting
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) for Ring Smart Lighting, you have
a passion for creating powerful, reliable, maintainable software to streamline the
development process. You take pride in creating an unblinking sentry that exposes
vulnerabilities and errors in Ring products, and feel great satisfaction in providing
customers with properly working software. You love invention and elegant solutions to
complex, difficult problems. You are a self-starter and able to drive and prioritize your
efforts with minimal direction. You have experience and perspective that give you
excellent instincts and intuition to know where problems lurk and how best to expose
and eliminate them. You are a collaborator and are equally at ease proposing and
advocating for your unique solutions as you are in taking constructive criticism, and
thoughtfully considering different points of view. You strive to be a recognized leader, an
expert, and trusted ’go to’ resource.
If this sounds like you, we want you to be part of our growing team creating world class
products for our worldwide customer audience
Key job responsibilities
- Build expertise in Ring Smart Lighting(RSL) functional/software architecture and details.
- Drive and execute on test strategy as it relates to RSL mobile application automation
- Work with design, engineering, and validation teams to review cases and develop new automation tests.
- Execute mobile test automation, interpret results and diagnose/resolve failures.
- Develop test frameworks and related tools.
- Work with cross functional teams to debug issues and create unambiguous bug reports in a timely manner
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization
- Actively support and mentor junior engineers to improve skills and efficiency
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience (non-internship) in professional software development testing
- Experience building test automation frameworks and tools
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Demonstrated experience in test framework design and development
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with user, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and create/explain/defend technical designs
- Knowledge of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance in a database environment
- Strong knowledge of test methodology and tools, with demonstrated experience in an SDET role
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
- Experience with mobile test automation frameworks using Appium.
- Jenkins, Testrail, Jira, TestNG, Xcode, Android Studio.
- Experience in working with distributed worldwide development teams in an Agile environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).