Embedded Software Development Engineer - Ring AI, Ring
Ring is looking for an Embedded Software Engineer to join the team, to support the computer vision machine learning infrastructure that provides smart and rich notifications to Ring customers worldwide.
We're committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone – while working hard to bring communities together. Since its founding in 2013, Ring has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell to the DIY Ring Alarm system, Ring’s smart home security product line offers users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security.
Key job responsibilities
You will be part of a cross-functional development team, responsible for implementing and improving computer vision algorithms that deliver high-performance detection and classification at exceptionally low power consumption. As a member of the team, you will collaborate in the deployment of software to millions of existing Ring devices, and improve customer experience with cutting-edge SOCs in new products.
A day in the life
You will work closely with applied science teams working on computer vision algorithms to help implement on device and deliver exciting features for customers. You will be responsible for coding, testing, maintaining, and working with product teams and QA to ensure features meet desired functionality and quality.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- • Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- • Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals such as; object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- • Extensive experience in computer architecture and embedded systems
- • Extensive embedded development experience in C/C++ and familiarity with ARM CPUs
- • Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
- • Proficient data analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Experience implementing computer vision and machine learning algorithms.
- Experience working with distributed systems or applications, and understanding how they are deployed
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environments and embedded Linux
- Experience with software testing (unit, integration, and system testing)
- Prior experience in Python and tool creation
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).