CS Program Specialist I, Ring Community Support
We are seeking a passionate and motivated Systems Administrator responsible for building and supporting Ring's customer service technology stack.
The ideal candidate would be innovative and have great analytical and problem solving skills. You are proficient with at least one high-level scripting language (Python, Bash) and should be adept at working with third party platforms with strong acumen for translating business requirements into automated solutions. You pay attention to detail, dive deep to understand the root problems and determine the right trade-offs. If you are naturally inquisitive with experience diagnosing and resolving complex problems at their root, then this is the career for you.
This role will be working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. You must be flexible and adapt well to a wide range of tasks and technologies.
It is expected that your technical knowledge demonstrates both depth and breadth. Deep knowledge of the domain and is sought after as a thought-leader across the organization.
Key job responsibilities
- Partner and consult with the business to identify and define business requirements
- Work with cross functional teams to design and build enhancements and integrations that scale
- Have a complete understanding of the tech stacks and cross-system interdependence and limitations
- Identify and implement short-term solutions while helping define the long-term solution
- Systems Administration and support, including new system deployment, account administration and technical troubleshooting
- Participate in security compliance efforts
- Help troubleshoot and resolve bugs identified by end users
- Support critical infrastructure services that process millions of requests every minute
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Virtual Location - AZ | Virtual Location - FL | Virtual Location - GA | Virtual Location - NC | Virtual Location - PA | Virtual Location - SC | Virtual Location - TX
- 3+ years of systems management/administration automation experience
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Experience debugging and systems analysis skills to be able to identify and quickly resolve/mitigate issues
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Python, PowerShell
- Experience using modern tools (Jira, Confluence, Slack, Dropbox, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or MIS
- You love technology; you are a Ring neighbor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $32,800/year in our lowest geographic market up to $58,600/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.