Senior Business Intelligence Engineer, Key
Come join Amazon Key for Business team and help drive the transformation of our customer delivery experience at scale. Key for Business, our patented building access technology, supports Amazon Last Mile in the US.
We are actively looking for a Business Intelligence Engineer to join our start-up team to help inform the direction of Key for Business through data, at scale. Successful candidates will be comfortable creating and optimizing table structures, identifying KPIs that drive the business, generating reports for those KPIs that are consumed across the Key for Business organization, analyzing data to inform strategic and tactical initiatives, and writing up the findings from analyses for less-technical audiences. Strong SQL (any implementation) is a must. Scripting skills, and background in operations is extremely valuable. This is a highly visible role that partners with business, product management, operations, and the technical team.
- Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets.
- Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL and ETL.
- Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
- Develop and manage ETLs to source data from various logistics and operational systems and create unified data model for analytics and reporting
- Empower technical and non-technical, internal customers with data analysis, visualization \ and support ad-hoc reporting when needed.
- Develop deep understanding of vast data sources and know exactly how, when, and which data to use to solve particular business problems.
- Work with cross functional stakeholders in defining the source of truth and obsessively making sure the data fidelity is high
- Manage numerous requests concurrently and strategically, prioritizing when necessary
- Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership.
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable risk signals.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation
- Mentor other engineers, influence positively team culture, and help grow the team
Key job responsibilities
Design, implement, and support a platform providing ad hoc access to large datasets
Manipulate/mine data from database tables (ex. Redshift, MySQL, Oracle) using SQL and ETL
Manipulate/mine data from log files by writing scripts (ex. PERL, Python, UNIX)
Develop analytical tools: deep-dive tools, UIs, metrics, and dashboards
Perform deep-dives and root cause analysis to answer business questions
Work with cross functional stakeholders in defining the source of truth and obsessively making sure the data fidelity is high
Effectively communicate (written and verbal) solutions and methodologies to senior leadership
Work with engineering teams to enable the appropriate capture and storage of data
Complete ad hoc data retrieval and analysis
Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable risk signals
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Austin, TX, USA
- 10+ years of professional or military experience
- 5+ years of SQL experience
- Experience programming to extract, transform and clean large (multi-TB) data sets
- Experience with theory and practice of design of experiments and statistical analysis of results
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Experience in scripting for automation (e.g. Python) and advanced SQL skills.
- Experience with theory and practice of information retrieval, data science, machine learning and data mining
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders to translate between data and business needs
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior leadership
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.