Embedded Software Dev Engineer, Blink
Do you have what it takes to keep our cameras running for two years on two AA batteries?
Blink is looking to grow our firmware team with talented embedded software development engineers. Our products need to be easy to use and run on minimal power. In this role, you will lead the firmware effort bringing new consumer products to market. You will interact with teams both within Blink and across the rest of Amazon. Most importantly, you will focus on ways to make the best products for our customers.
Seeing is knowing. At Blink, we make it easy to use cameras that show you what is going on. Come be a part of it!
Key job responsibilities
- Develop software as part of the team
- Own firmware on project from concept to launch
- Interact with Blink teams including product, quality assurance, and customer support
- Interact with Amazon teams from around the globe
- Mentor junior firmware engineers
About the team
Blink is a team of builders that proudly develops connected consumer products completely in house using a fast paced and efficient process. Acquired by Amazon, we love seeing Blink on the amazon.com home page, in retail stores, and in the homes of millions of users. We combine our startup culture with the resources and scale of Amazon to create a vibrant, fun, and rewarding place to work.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- experience with C/C++ firmware development with constrained resources (MIPS, RAM, FLASH, I/O)
- working experience with embedded CPU architecture
- experience with security technologies and protocols
- real-time, multi-threaded experience with Linux and/or RTOS
- experience with external libraries in C applications
- working in a Linux development environment including editing, make, and source control
- reading schematics and using hardware lab equipment such as scopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Active participant in bringing at least one successful product to market.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field
- Audio/Video codec knowledge
- Experience with camera image processing
- Embedded Linux (uBoot, Kernel, Driver)
- Bare metal, assembly, BSP, POST, RTOS
- experience with Wireless (WiFi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, sub-GHz) stacks
- Test automation / scripting skills
- Demonstrable technical leadership skills
- Master’s degree in STEM field
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.