Sr. Software Development Engineer, Billing and Subscriptions, Ring
Ring is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer to help build new initiatives on our growing Billing and Subscriptions team. The Billing and Subscriptions team is critical to expanding our services business and support our customers.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security.
You will own the maintenance, design, development, and deliver of features that delight our neighbors and support our mission. You will have the opportunity to directly contribute to new initiative and services within the Ring ecosystem that enable advanced features like video recording, computer vision detection, voice assistant integrations, among others.
Key job responsibilities
- Design, create, and update functionality for the Ring Billing and Subscription services used by our customers across Amazon and Ring using reusable, test-driven & efficient code.
- Advance the architecture of the application and developing highly scalable systems & APIs that can support a growing business.
- Engage with internal (Engineering, QA, Product, Marketing, Support, etc.) and external stakeholders to lead technical discussion for new product features, analyze feasibility and provide estimates.
- Identify opportunities to improve the user experience on the platforms by researching & incorporating new capabilities to increase efficiency.
- Own the operation excellence, tech debt & security roadmap for the team and prioritize & deliver working closely with Product teams.
- Mentor team members to build scaleable & maintainable solution by leading design review, performing code reviews and participating in defect analysis/RCA.
A day in the life
- Build new features and provide maintenance, support and enhancements for existing ones.
- Create documentation related to the services, APIs and software the team supports
- Take ownership of the team's platform by participating in on-call support/rotation.
- Interact with other Ring and/or Amazon engineering teams on a daily basis
- Work closely with Product team to review requirements and help in prioritization of both the feature & tech backlog.
About the team
Ring, since its founding in 2013, has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- Experience in professional, non-internship software development
- Experience leading the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Experience as a mentor, tech lead or leading an engineering team
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in development in the last 3 years
- Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, software architectures, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing, and operational excellence
- Experience leading and influencing your team or organization
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.