Quality Assurance Engineer II, Ring
QA Engineers test code at the user level, both manually and with automated tools. Our QA Engineers use black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques; they are able to understand software internals, debug problems using log files, and write automated tests and/or user-level test automation tools. QA Engineers work with Software Development Engineers to understand features and technical implementation. QA Engineers also work with groups such as Product Management, User Experience Design, and Customer Support to understand customer usage models and develop test plans and test suites that approximate real-world environments and regression tests. QA Engineers are also responsible for driving the software development process toward
Key job responsibilities
• Evaluate device functionality and create test strategies and test cases to assess device quality for multiple regions.
• Will work with a team of quality engineering professionals to ensure the highest quality product delivery against defined milestones
• Provide detailed status reports for a wide range of stakeholders
• Bug triage and defect tracking
• Test execution and automation
• Communication with a wide range of stakeholders (users, other technical teams and management) to collect requirements, evaluate alternatives and develop processes and/or tools as needed to support the organization.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Software QA testing experience
• Experience in a test or development role as part of a product development organization which has delivered consumer oriented products
• Demonstrated experience in testing methodologies, experience with standard QA and development tools
• Software QA automation experience working with one or more of the following technologies: PHP, CSS, HTML, Java, Java Script, Python, PERL.
• Demonstrated experience creating status reports based on automation results
• Experienced in interacting and coordinating test activities amongst multiple teams.
• Define a test methodology across different products. Analyze device system performance vs. expected results
• Develop quality validation and test plans for consumer electronic device experience from proof-of-concept to mass production.
• Shows creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to generate and communicate meaningful development metrics
• Comfortable communicating cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings
• Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment, in close contact with development and business teams to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts, cross-functionally and across management levels in formal and informal settings.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.