Workplace Manager, Eastern Europe, Ring WSPEX
We are looking for a full-time Workplace Manager overseeing Ring’s Poland and Romania real estate portfolio and space planning strategy. Candidate will sometimes travel between domestic locations and will be a key contributor to the workplace experience. This role combines real estate, portfolio strategy, space planning, change management, project management skills, and team leadership. The successful candidate must operate as a trusted advisor to business leaders, and partner to Finance, HR, IT, and other functional areas. The ideal candidate is an experienced, passionate, vibrant, and engaging professional who is customer obsessed and will excel within an entrepreneurial culture – they have an ownership mentality, providing expertise, vision, leadership, exceptional communication skills, and have a vision for delivering a great work environment for the team.
Key job responsibilities
● You will create and drive strategy and direction for workplace innovation framework to ensure consistency across functional teams – Ensure site operations consistent with regional program guidelines and vision; think regionally, execute locally.
● You will enhance the domestic workplace experience by driving efforts to manage and facilitate Ring’s growth and commitment to agile working style and team culture. Ensure all locations support a hybrid, positive and vibrant work environment for the team.
● You must conceptualize large-scale space planning and project management.
● You will develop project management skills to increase collaboration and productivity, setting up priorities and targets and achieving objectives within budget.
● Provide guidance and leadership on decision making, root cause analysis, inspection and audit readiness, communication, management of planning/scheduling and assignment, and drive overall improvement of productivity.
A day in the life
● Set the tone for a lively, inclusive, and dynamic work culture and experience in the offices you are responsible for.
● Develop employee-facing communications and change management around workplace protocols (ie. site access, seating options, office culture, prototype security, shipping, etc.)
● Develop proper domestic change management channels and proactively maintain centralized wikis and comms to cross depts.
● Ideate, plan, and execute employee’s engagement events within the office.
● Assist with in-office catering, snack programs, and food deliveries, including ordering, set up, take down and invoice review/submission.
● Review and advise leaders regularly on space allocations (agile and fixed seating) to forecast future seating and lab requirements.
● Maintain and update office documents as needed and ensure items are kept current and accurate.
● Establish, enhance, track, and report on metrics to allow performance improvements so that the desired outcomes are achieved to plan and in a timely manner.
● Manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously as well as being able to influence, and develop relationships at all organization levels.
● Manage domestic facilities capital and operating budgets, reporting monthly on budget performance.
● Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, and balance business needs versus technical and operational constraints
About the team
Ring’s Workspace Experience team provides space and occupancy planning, lease management, facilities maintenance and management, workplace services operations, and PMO services across Amazon’s Global Organization. The Workspace Experience team works to create opportunities with inclusion and thoughtfulness top of mind, from our workplaces to moments of connection. Everything we build is rooted in supporting our employees by providing opportunities for them to do their best work through innovative workplaces and engagements.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
● Bachelor’s degree (Real Estate/Facility Management, Business Administration, Project Management, or Organizational Management)
● 3+ years related work experience in Workplace Strategies, Business Administration, Facility Management, Project Management, and overall Facility Operations including at least 3 years in a management role.
● Must have strong background in people management and supplier contract management
● Excellent interpersonal skills, organization skills, and strong analytical ability
● Excellent communication skills – oral and written
● Excellent PC skills: proficiency in all MS applications.
● Must be able to juggle responsibilities and strategize on efficiency and priority
• Proven success working in a fast-paced startup environment
• Workplace experience in a startup setting
• Experience using space planning software
• Demonstrable experience building corporate processes in a Real Estate environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.