Software Development Engineer - Test Automation, Billing and Subscriptions, Ring
Ring is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to join our Billing and Subscriptions team. The Billing and Subscriptions team is critical to growing our services business and helps us support our customers.
The ideal candidate will be curious, creative, goal-oriented, and excited to support other internal team members. You take ownership of your work and are passionate about software quality, consistency, maintainability, performance, and security. You will own the testing, and quality assurance of multiple tools and cloud services that support our billing and subscriptions systems. You will have the opportunity to contribute on a growing team.
Key job responsibilities
• Design, create, and update automated tests for the Billing and Subscription tools, systems, and services used by our customers across Amazon and Ring.
• Design & extend existing automation frameworks to improve development processes and feature validation.
• Build complete test solutions to test performance, load, scalability, usability etc.
• Actively participating in the code review, design discussions, planning, and post-mortem reviews.
About the team
Ring, since its founding in 2013, has been on a mission to make neighborhoods safer. From the video doorbell, to Ring Alarm, which was named #1 in Customer Satisfaction for DIY Home Security Systems by J.D. Power, Ring’s smart home security product line, as well as the Neighbors app, offer users affordable whole-home and neighborhood security. At Ring, we are committed to making home and neighborhood security accessible and effective for everyone -- while working hard to bring communities together. Ring is an Amazon company. For more information, visit www.ring.com. With Ring, you’re always home.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Madrid, M, ESP
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development testing experience
- 1+ years of test automation frameworks and tools building experience
- Experience programming with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Experience in penetration testing and exploitability-focused vulnerability assessment
- Experience in platform-level security mitigations and hardening for Linux and Windows
- Knowledge of overall system architecture, scalability, reliability, and performance in a database environment
- Experience with security in service-oriented architectures and web services
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.