Senior Business Development Manager, International Expansion, Blink
Are you interested in being part of a high visibility, strategic team that is responsible for the Blink strategy worldwide? Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you Ring, Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. We are in the home security business to provide customers affordable products that protect their home and loved ones. Blink is easy to setup and use, and through differentiated ASIC technology we offer best-in-class two-year battery life. This combination creates a straight forward, low maintenance experience for our customers that provides full home security coverage.
We are scaling our International team, and are looking for a leader to define and deliver Blink geo-expansion strategy. This is a role stacked with ambiguity, taking Blink into new ground, appreciating all the layers of complexity that will entail. The role will define the commercial strategy for a new country entry, owning and defining the Blink Geo-expansion roadmap recommendations to the business, unlocking net-new locales for Blink Worldwide and feeding into the Blink product roadmap. The role will require deep understanding of Blink’s technical teams (Engineering, TPM, Product, Software, Firmware, ASIC), working in partnership with Product Management to scope and define a suitable roadmap recommendation for Blink’s Subscriptions and Products. A successful candidate will lead the business strategy and development of the new country, maximizing the growth potential in order to access and acquire new Blink customers and subscribers.
The role will have touchpoints across Product Management (tech & non-tech exposure), Go-to-Market, Commercial Strategy and partnership management – a truly cross-functional role that will be pivotal to the next stage of growth for Blink. The role reports to the Head of International, Blink, within the Ring, Blink, Key, Sidewalk (RBKS) GTM Org. The role will have the scope to develop a small team across business development, business analysts and sales (Go-to-market).
Note: We will consider candidates in Amsterdam (Ring EU Office), and other major EU locations.
Key job responsibilities
- Owns and defines the Blink Geo-expansion roadmap recommendations to the business, unlocking net-new locales for Blink WW and feeding into the Blink product roadmap
- Leads cross-functional relationships across Blink/Ring/Amazon Devices to scope effort and complexity, breaking down blockers to facilitate even the most complex launch countries
- Owns and facilitates Blink wide organizational design to allow for expansion at scale, leading Operating Planning for expansion locales
- Geo-expansion expert for Blink, navigating launch hurdles including but not limited to; legal, compliance, regulations, supply, operations, tax, subscriptions, channel strategy, customer services, and Amazon Devices teams
- Define post-launch subscriptions and product sales strategy, facilitating GTM, launch sales and marketing plans and ramp growth, defining the organizational design at a central Blink and local Amazon Devices level
- Creates and nurtures deep internal and external business partnerships across multiple geographies, primarily around deep understanding of the technical implications of the new country launch
A day in the life
Joining the Blink International team at an early stage of its International development, you will be given true ownership to define our expansion strategy. You will define your own business goals, defining a roadmap of expansion opportunities, and navigating all business functions to determine a route to launch. You will be part of a highly collaborative team, with a diverse range of experience and skillsets, ensuring you have the support and mentorship to thrive, but with the autonomy to own and deliver against business goals.
About the team
Blink was the result of one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns ever and is now part of Amazon Devices, the consumer electronics division that brings you the Kindle, Fire Tablets, Fire TV, and Echo. Blink has and continues to experience an extremely strong growth trajectory, particularly in our International business, with a culture that relishes its entrepreneurial start-up roots, while embracing Amazon’s scale and long-term thinking.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience developing, leading, negotiating and executing corporate and/or business transactions
- Experience in developing, negotiating and executing business agreements
- Experience developing strategies that influence leadership decisions at the organizational level
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience interpreting data and making business recommendations
- Experience identifying, negotiating, and executing complex legal agreements
- Experience with technology transformation initiatives
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Our inclusive culture empowers Amazonians to deliver the best results for our customers. If you have a disability and need an adjustment during the application and hiring process, including support for the interview or onboarding process, please contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT), Monday through Friday from 7:00 am GMT - 4:00 pm GMT. If calling directly from the United Kingdom, please dial +44 800 086 9884 (tel:+448000869884). If calling from Ireland, please dial +353 1800 851 489 (tel:+3531800851489).