Software Development Engineer, Ring Operational Team
Role in Operational team, responsible for providing support to Ring Devices development teams. Designing and developing tools for Infrastructure improvements, supporting Ring growth and scalability. Designing automations and internal tools. Team is cross-disciplinary and working with their customers - who are development teams - closely.
Key job responsibilities
Designing and developing scalable solutions for CI systems: R-Gerrit, R-Jenkins, CI Observability & Monitoring, self-services for development teams.
Gathering customers requirements, understanding business needs and translating this into reliable, scalable solutions. Exploring new technologies and finding a way to embed these into existing solutions.
About the team
Multicultural, dispersed team, working in highly dynamic environment, with wide scope of responsibilities and daily opportunities to learn and to resolve interesting issues. Main challenge for this team is to replace legacy solutions with optimised and automated ones, reducing need of manual support.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Gdansk, POL | Krakow, POL | Warsaw, POL
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, Python (preferred), JS, C#, or C/C++).
- At least 2 years of experience in working with CI/CD tools - f.e. Jenkins.
- Knowledge of linux and fluent usage of terminal
- Fluent English in reading and writing as this is main communication language in the team and with team's customers.
- Experience in working with scalable, reliable and high-performing web-services.
- Experience in defining, developing and maintaining web-API's.
- Knowledge of AWS or other cloud technologies including serverless design patterns.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with Python.
- Knowledge and experience with Terraform, OpenSearch, Ansible are very welcomed
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.