NOC Engineer, Sidewalk Network Services
There is nothing COOLER than thinking and developing a brand-new IoT protocol like Sidewalk.
Amazon Sidewalk is looking for a Network Developer Engineer with experience in working on large scale real time analytical systems with an interest in geographical information systems.
You will be part of a global organization, and a team that makes decisions on how technical solutions are delivered, working in a cross-functional way with internal teams to drive key aspects of definition, execution, testing and operation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to make an impact on our customer experience.
The Sidewalk NOC team is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, detail-oriented engineer as with demonstrated ability to deliver results for optimizing and resolving complex network issues. The candidate should demonstrate in-depth knowledge of wireless networks. You will be responsible to provide technical support for maintaining our next-gen wireless network and own the processes that drive network efficiency. You will support day-to-day operations of the network infrastructure and drive the stability and sustainability of our network as it grows. You will drive network configuration to ensure smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
Key job responsibilities
- Proactively identify and resolve technical risks and issues that may impair the team's ability to maintain network KPIs
- Dive deep on complex problems that involve networking technologies to resolve customer or network issues, identify root causes, document and develop corrective actions.
- Collaborate with peers to understand the network problem and find technological solution
- Implement system configuration, capture technical gaps and ensure user acceptance with end-to-end testing
- Design and modify device configuration as per the applicable change management processes.
- Prepare scheduled upgrades to ensure network equipment has the latest firmware releases.
- Ready to work within various time constraints in 24x7 shifts and with multiple teams to ensure service requirements are met.
- Work in a dynamic environment to understand and prioritize service requirements. - Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
About the team
Amazon Sidewalk is a new long-term effort to greatly extend the working range of low-bandwidth, low-power, smart lights, sensors, and other low-cost devices customers install at the edge of their home network. We believe customers shouldn’t have to settle for connected devices that lose functionality past the front door. With Amazon Sidewalk, customers will be able to place smart devices anywhere on their property and know the devices will work, even in dead spots where Wi-Fi and Bluetooth don’t reach, helping bridge the connectivity gaps around our homes!
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mumbai, MH, IND
- 4+ years of major internet routing protocols experience
- 4+ years of working in a Linux/Unix environment experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to communicate and collaborate with both internal and external teams
- 1+ years of automation scripting using Python, Bash, Shell and/or Perl experience
- Certification on 802.11 standards such as CWNP, CCNA, CCIE (wireless) or equivalent